I’ve noticed a trend in my little posts here. Tuesday is, for all intents and purposes, my Saturday. And, after a few days working in the bar, I want to stay in and cook healthy food. Also, Tuesday is usually the day of the week when there is the least going on. So, I usually fall back on a post about going to the Farmer’s Market, buying some vegetables and stealing a recipe from epicurious. And today is no different!
I’m always on the lookout for a new grain. And here is farro.
- 1 cup farro (Whole Foods)
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 small jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped